My Fitness Pal Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, August 13, 2012

Week 11 & Irony

So here we are in week 11.. yup week 11! only 2 weeks left ...as of last Wednesday i lost 25kg... I'm really sure i can make it to 30kg by end of week 12 . fingers crossed!

I wanted to document a feeling I've had the last few times I've done my lunch time walk .
Something written for me to remember in months and years to come.

It dawned on me last week when going on said lunch time walk, that in fact walk past Gregory & Carr funeral directors at Gordon- it's 2 blocks up from my new work building....

The ironic thing about this story are the facts you need to know about this funeral directors.

To begin we need to go back over 35 years. My Dad was in his late 20's working at said business, with 2 men-whom unbeknown to him when he accepted the job -he would be working with his future father in law and brother in law. That the older of  those men would introduce him and the younger man to his 2 Daughters, that they would both marry the daughters- and that in a few years time he would have his second child Rachel Jane.

Flash forward 33 Years and Rachel now walks past this very same funeral directors everyday - now walking to save her life. Ironic because it's a funeral directors. Ironic because of all the streets in all of Sydney my new work building should fall on this street. Ironic because every time i walk past the building and think of the dear souls that are housed within it's walls - that one day i may be there myself, but not now. not in 10 years time, hopefully not even in 30 years time  ....because right now I'm saving my soul from the walls of a funeral home.

I'm Saving My Life.


Here's to week 11. Here's to every walk i take and every breath i take. right now I'm being the best i can be to be here a lot longer.


Happy Monday xx

Photo: Lunchtime walk never felt so good! 󾬔 http://instagr.am/p/OQLwtBCKYX/
Walking the streets in my shoes of awesomness :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it. I love the introspection and that these things are coming together for you.

    Keep up the great work with your journey! Those connections are great for us to see and learn by. xx

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin your blog, and REALLY REALLY LOVIN those shoes!

    What brand please??

    Keep up the good work, Kyla (doing 12wbt too! but no blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kyla :) they are new balance men's shoes so if you have a big foot like me you'll be ok :)

    ReplyDelete