My Fitness Pal Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Girl in the Mirror..

Who is the girl in the Mirror i see?

I was standing in the bathroom at work this afternoon and I looked at myself in the mirror and I noticed the first time I was looking at my body and not my face. Yes I am one of those girls that always avoids looking at herself in the mirror at all costs -especially undressed.

Today I found myself for the first time in my life, really looking at how I look not just my face not just my hair not thinking i need an eyebrow wax, or gee your lips look dry actually looking at my body, it's shape and how it's changed.

Today when I looked at the girl in the mirror I see a girl that is 21 kg lighter than she was eight weeks ago. I see a girl carrying a handbag that forever in her mind will remind her of the first 10kg she lost. I see a girl wearing a dress that 8 weeks ago was way too tight to wear. I see a girl that has sagging neck skin from loosing so much face weight-but is PROUD to have it. I see a girl with a face that could do with a facial- and now I've reached my 20Kg loss goal will get one. Most importantly i see a girl who is a happier person. I see a smile in my eyes and a deep comfort that things can only get better. I see a girl who is truly happy for the first time in a long time, a girl that just can't wait to see just how much better she will look in a years time.

Today I looked at the girl in the mirror and i learned a very valuable lesson, thanks to my new 12WBT mindset I've learnt to love that girl in the Mirror just a little bit more than I did yesterday.



2 comments: